Our site uses cookies

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information, called “cookies” on your device. Find out more in our cookie policy. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Doing a little business in Britain may bring a huge tax bill.

Broadly speaking, it is possible to become UK tax resident and only pay tax on income and assets generated within the UK, so long as foreign assets are not 'remitted' to the UK. There are some traps, however.  You think you're just checking your emails, says Ed Powles of Maurice Turnor Gardner, but you could actually be bringing HMRC down on your head.  

To read Ed's warning in full go to Spear's Wealth Management.

Related Expertise