Corinne specialises in advising on partnerships, limited partnerships, LLPs and their uses for professional firms, fund managers and wealth planning vehicles. In the professional services sectors, she advises both firms and individual partners on the full range of matters. For example, partner and team moves, regulation and transactions, such as launching new businesses, restructurings, mergers/demergers and LLP conversions.
Recent work highlights include:
- advising on a demerger of three teams to three separate businesses;
- assisting a start-up asset management business structured as an LLP, including preparing its constitutional documentation;
- advising a mid-sized English general partnership on its LLP conversion;
- advising a law firm on its merger with another international legal practice, to create a merged business with turnover in excess of £250m;
- advising a large, well known offshore legal and service provider business on worldwide liability issues and implementing constitutional and behavioural changes throughout their worldwide network;
- negotiating retirement terms, including waivers of restrictive covenants, for partners leaving a top tier accountancy practice;
- advising a US headquartered law firm on establishing its London office as an SRA authorised ABS; and
- advising the London office of a large US legal practice on SRA regulatory compliance matters.
Since the launch of ‘outcomes focussed regulation’ by the SRA, MTG has established itself as a thought-leader in regulation and governance. Corinne is compliance officer for legal practice (COLP) at MTG, and regularly contributes to MTG’s ‘COLP Forum’, a forum for senior representatives of top law firms to discuss challenges presented by the regulatory regime.
Corinne is one of the experts who works within the Professional Practices Alliance, an alliance of independent experts, each with their own specialist areas of expertise and experience. The Professional Practices Alliance provides advice in key areas such as partnership, employment and corporate law, tax, accounting and compliance.
Our Professional Practices expertise
Our Professional Practices team